Thursday, December 14, 2006

Ask, Seek, Knock! Receive, Find, OPEN!!

As you may already know, I have been looking to return to the work force (at least part time). This requires me to be licensed in dental hygiene in this great state of SC! I found out when we moved here that my National Hygiene Boards expired after 15 years. ( I can't believe I graduated almost 19 years ago!) So, pursuing my license would require me, not only to take South Regional Clinical Boards and state jurisprudence, but my Nationals--ugh!!! It's like the SAT of all I learned 20 years ago. Even with the overwhelming task ahead, I thought "well, the Lord is the only reason I passed them before in '88, so He will do it again if this is His desire for me." So Tuesday, as I was having my quiet time, I prayed that God would give me a miracle. He says in Matthew 7, "Ask and you will receive, Seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you." So in accordance with His will, I asked that He would help me to by-pass taking these Nationals, with no idea of how He was going to do that, but that I would prepare to take them if that was His desire.

Well...I called the State Board yesterday out of frustration of finding conflicting information on the multiple websites. As I spoke to the lady, she blessed me with the incredible news (drum roll please)...The state of SC no longer requires that the Nationals be retaken!!!! As long as I passed them at some time in my life, they no longer expire! I should not be amazed, but here I stand--constantly amazed at how the Lord works in our lives individually. His Grace is "one size fits all, but it is personalized for each individual"! How does He do that??

So, now I am looking at applying for my South Regional Clinicals which are offered March 23-24 in Charleston, then I will take State jurisprudence after passing SRTA. I have several things to get in order before I can apply, so pray for me as the Lord brings it all together in His way. But a challenge to you...What is God wanting to do in your life (for HIS glory--not ours) that you need to ask, seek, and knock???? Only He sees the big picture, remember we are only a "vapor" here to glorify Him. What does He want to do with our vapor for His eternity?

1 comments:

Paula Roberts said...

You are awesome and HE is even more awesome! I am so happy for you. And I am so happy you started this blog so I can keep up with all your good news! I will be thinking of you. Do you have to have a patient like before or is this just written exam that you do have to take? Good luck, I mean, GOOD GOD (literally!)