Thursday, January 11, 2007

A Blessing in Disguise

I have been spending the last couple of weeks trying to finalize plans to go and take my boards for dental hygiene. I have spent the last two days examining my sister and having x-rays made, etc. Good news for her--she doesn't qualify, bad news for me. Actually, it's GREAT news for me...
Paula and I have experienced many years of struggles with one another, try 20 years to be exact. We have travelled down different roads, too numerous to count. But this week has taught me more than I ever knew about the Grace of God. He constantly pursues a love relationship with us. Why? I don't know. As He pursues us, I believe His desire is for us to pursue that love relationship with others, especially in relationships that He PURPOSELY place us in. I have struggled in pursuing that with Paula and have failed her in many ways over the years. But I am thankful for His grace---undeserved favor (blessing). His grace this week allowed me to loose a "patient" opportunity, but instead gave me a FRIEND--my sister! I have enjoyed talking to her on the phone and just visiting in the car on our trip to Asheville, catching up on "who" she really is ( a child of the King, His princess!). I feel like the scripture says in Joel 2:24-26--The Lord has restored (and will continue to) the years the Locusts have eaten away. Thank you, Lord, for your patience with me in this relationship and for not giving up.
Paula, if you're reading this...I love you and I am excited to see how God is working in your life. I look forward to the years ahead as the Lord continues to mold our "sisterhood" into a relationship/friendship that truly reflects the love of Christ. Thank you for giving your time to me for this exam yesterday and just for being willing to be there for me. It meant more than you will ever know!

1 comments:

Paula Roberts said...

Okay, if I can type through the tears you will be able to see the great big DITTO from me! I couldn't possibly say it as eloquently as you, but I agree and I am encouraged by it! I love you, too! Thanks for spending time with me and sharing with me part of yourself.