Wednesday, September 17, 2008

and it's not even Christmas yet

With all the uncertainties of life today--gas prices, election, stock market, economy in general--it can get a little unsettling. This morning when I was having my quiet time, the Lord brought me a scripture that we usually hear at Christmas but I found more fitting today:

Isaiah 9:6 - "For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
What a relief to know that He is all we need, our lives are not dependent on Barack Obama or Sarah Palin or any other official. HE is our counselor and protector. I was looking at my sister's blog this morning at all the "bird" pictures she had taken at the fair and reminded of the scripture in
Matthew 23:37 - "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing.
The Lord l-o-n-g-s to protect us and yet we continue to refuse His help and do it our way. We take on our worries and try to figure them out ourselves. The Isaiah scripture reminds me that He is the Mighty One and He is my Everlasting "Daddy," why would I try to take on all of this? Quite honestly, being nestled under a large, protective, feathery wing sounds very peaceful at this moment. Don't you think you?

2 comments:

Paula Roberts said...

Yes, Ma'am, I do think that sounds wonderful. You have such a way with words. This blog suits you. You have the skills for a daily inspirational blog ... too bad you don't have the time (I am going to pray that God frees your time to do that.) Because every time you post, I get something out of it. Thank you.

Your Big Sis

Angie said...

Wow, Thanks!